Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Cody Ice

In the beginning of March we took a trip up to Cody to ice climb.  I hadn't ice climbed since the year before when we were in Cody, but luckily ice climbing is like riding a bike.  Once again we got a cabin in the valley which made the drive to and from the ice nice and short.  Unfortunately it didn't shorten the approach hikes!  On the first day, 5 of us climbed a great route called "View to a Thrill".   
Pitch 2 of View to a Thrill
 Day 2: We all climbed Too Cold to Fire.
Last pitch of Too Cold to Fire
Day 3: Unfortunately, John and Jaaron had to head home, but Brooke, Tim, Smokey Joe and I climbed Mean Green. 
Mean Green Pitch 1

 Day 4: Tim, Smokey Joe and I got a late start and climbed Broken Heart's first 4 pitches.  We walked up to My Only Valentine and were pleasantly surprised to find it in.  We climbed that and then saw that we made a big mistake of starting late because the rarely in 6th pitch was fat.  Unfortunately we had to rappel since Tim and I had left our headlamps at the packs.
Tim following a pitch on Broken Hearts
 Day 5: Brooke, Tim, Smokey Joe and I climbed High on Boulder to Save it for Later and Moonrise.
Smokey Joe following My Only Valentine
Can't wait till next winter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment