Saturday, October 14, 2017

Fontainebleau

Notre Dame
Amanda and I were fortunate enough to be able to take a trip to Paris and Fontainebleau this fall.  I've always heard that Paris is the most beautiful city in the world and I never really believed it until I saw it myself.  It truly is a gorgeous city!  In addition to Amanda and I we were traveling with some fun family, including Gordon, Jean, and Greg.  Amanda was our interpreter and planned/organized most of the trip which was a lot of hard work and definitely added to the experience. We spent the first few days in Paris, taking tours of museums, churches, opera houses; eating amazing food, and enjoying the city.  
Getting some help from the locals.
We rented a car in Paris and drove to Fontainebleau.  Amanda and I stuck to our tried and true method of driving in a foreign country.  Amanda drives and I navigate.  I expected driving in Paris to be crazy but with the help of google maps it went smoother than expected.
Short people climb.
It takes a few problems to get used to the rock, movement and friction.
Tall people reach.


Greg showing us how it's done.


The Font is a classic bouldering area for good reason.  We found so many amazing boulder problems and we barely scratched the surface of what is there.  The circuits are truly unique to the area, in addition to being very fun they are a great way to see the area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment