Wednesday, March 13, 2013

White Rim


Bill, Matt and I were able to go to the desert on Sunday and Monday to climb a little on the White Rim.  I told Bill to be at the City Market in Moab at 6:30am, my mistake was telling him that Matt was meeting me in Durango at 4am.  Apparently Bill's truck does not usually make the Durango to Moab trip in an easy 2hrs and 30min, because he decided there was no way we would be there on time and slept in.  We arrived at 6:32am in Moab because of a bathroom break in Monticello and finally at 7am Bill rolled into City Market.

First on the list was Hardscrabble...
Hardscrabble from the north.
The troops.

Pitch 2 belay.
Bill jugging, Ben belaying, Matt leading

Summit!
 We got back to the car at 4pm.  Next on the list was Charliehorse Needle...
Hiking in.
Bill on pitch 1
Pitch 2

Bill on pitch 2


Matt on pitch 3.
Exiting the summit.


Back at camp...



Candlestick was the objective for Monday...

Finishing pitch 1

Belaying pitch 2




While I was driving home Bill and Matt were food shopping for Tuesday.  They managed to drag themselves up the Tombstone and Cenotaph. Still not sure how they managed without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment